Five-Year Combined Degrees
Our online application is free and easy to submit.
The Business Department prepares its students for today's global business environment by providing theoretically sound instruction that centers on integrating classroom knowledge with professional application in fields of strategic and HRM management, marketing, accounting and finance, and international business.
The main focus is to develop important business, personal, and professional skills that are valuable in business and other related professions. Thus, business programs at D'Youville reflect the institution's commitment to academic, social, professional, and spiritual development of students.
Goals and Strategies
- Prepare business managers for today's global environment by providing them with specialized training, skills, and knowledge in business.
- Provide students with strong statistics, economics, and information technology background that serves as a foundation for more advanced areas of management, finance, accounting, international business, human resources management and marketing.
- Integrate theoretical concepts with practical aspect of operational, functional and strategic areas of business.
- Help students become strong researchers and thus, more effective decision-makers in today's corporate environment.
- Prepare students in becoming more productive professional and ethical people through strong classroom instruction, professional training, volunteer work and community service, and participation in campus-wide activities and organizations.
- Continuously revise and update program content and curriculum, as well as develop new programs that meet evolving market and corporate needs. Adhere to standards instituted by the accrediting agency and strive to attain and retain accreditation from outside agencies.
- Emphasize faculty research in both basic as well as application-oriented areas.
- Obtain tangible and intangible resources for the Business Department and its students.
- Continue to develop, implement, and improve the student outcome assessment program to better gauge student as well as program performance. In addition, integrate and frequently update departmental outcome based strategic framework with the institutional strategic planning. Ensure that the department, and its various functioning entities, remain efficient, effective, and responsive to the student needs, at the same time, continuing to be an integral part of the institution and its future.
Code of Ethics
The Business Department Code of Conduct is one of the main ways in which the D’Youville values are codified into practice.
The Code of Conduct is crafted around the ideas of intellectual freedom toward providing academic, social, spiritual, and professional development of students. Faculty in the Business Department emphasize leadership, service, and personal responsibility in an effort to contribute to the world community and they challenge themselves to lead compassionate, productive, and responsible lives.
- Be honest
- Treat all people with respect, both in words and actions.
- Be accountable and accept responsibility for our own words, actions, and inactions
- Honor our commitments to others.
- Be fair in all of our interactions with others.
- Use our skills for the betterment of the department, the institution, and our wider community.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Be role models of ethical behavior for the students in our programs.
- Demonstrate professional competence and a commitment to continual education and growth in our fields of expertise.
- Challenge actions and statements by others that are not consistent with these ethical standards.
Explore the degrees offered at D'Youville. Find a program that will lead to your success in the classroom and after graduation.
Visit to learn more about our exceptional academic programs. Take a campus tour and meet faculty and students. Maybe sit in on a class.
With our centrally-located student centers, answers are always nearby — whether you're ready to enroll are about to enter your career.