Watch our Presentation
Dr. Daly and Dr. Fox Garrity provided a webinar in September 2018 for the Multi-state Collaborative on Military Credit of the Midwestern Higher Education Conference which convenes 13 states to advance best practices to ease the transition of veterans and their families from military life to college campuses.
This webinar was designed to encourage discussion of and data collection with sensitivity to the differences within the group we often refer to collectively as veterans.
The focus was on data collection using a tool called the Taxonomy of Student Veterans (TSV) designed by Dr. Daly and Dr. Fox Garrity and originally published in New Directions in Institutional Research.
Our center is committed to supporting veteran research conducted by D’Youville faculty and student researchers and outside researchers. Some of the services we offer:
Benefits to D'Youville Community
- Assistance with identification of research topics and study designs
- Assistance with recruitment of research subjects for approved studies
- Assistance with identification of relevant peer reviewed literature
- Discussion groups to encourage exploration of relevant research topics
- Classroom presentations to support research classes
- Connections with others on campus who have skills and knowledge in various research methodologies to support research efforts
- Assistance with identifying conferences and journals for possible publication opportunities
- Assistance identifying resources available to support research
Resources for Outside Researchers
- Guest speakers for conferences and meetings related to the research themes of the center
- Direct assistance for researchers who would like to include our students as research participants
- Web-based search tools to assist with identification of relevant Veterans and Military Affiliated research