Use these helpful nursing resources to plan your career, expand your education, and learn more about your chosen field of study.
Student Handbooks and Forms
- School of Nursing Undergraduate Student Handbook (PDF)
- School of Nursing Graduate Student Handbook (PDF)
- School of Nursing Doctoral Student Handbook (PDF)
- Manual for APRN Clinical Preceptors (PDF)
General Nursing Information
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Nursing Center
- Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library
Nursing Education & Careers
This information is provided by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
A snapshot of the nursing profession with links to over 560 schools, sources for financial aid, and the latest news on collegiate level nursing education.
AfterCollege is a career network designed specifically for college students and recent graduates. AfterCollege uses a job-matching algorithm to pair job seekers with employers based on degree, school, skills, and interests in an effort to make the job search more efficient.
Peterson's Guide to Nursing Programs
Peterson's publishes a comprehensive directory of U.S. nursing programs including an expert advice section and indexes to distance education programs and specialty tracks.
Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow
A coalition of 33 healthcare organizations, NHT posts over a dozen career profiles, new student FAQs, and links to nursing education and career sites.
Johnson & Johnson's Discover Nursing
A searchable index of nursing programs at all levels plus information on scholarships, the nursing shortage, and hundreds of profiles of working nurses.
National Student Nurses Association (NSNA)
Geared to students pursuing all levels of nursing education, this site features a career center with information on nursing licensure, career planning and succeeding in school.