Marguerite Hall focuses on the first-year student experience. It's a twelve-story co-educational residence hall that houses 308 students with approximately 28 residents per floor.
Amenities & Features
- Breathtaking views of the Buffalo waterfront, downtown, and Canada
- Each floor includes a study lounge, TV lounge, and kitchenette.
- Each room has Internet access and individually-controlled heating and air conditioning.
- Gated resident-only parking lot (w/purchase of hang tag)
- Housing information representatives monitor the front desk from 8 AM - 8 PM
- Resident Advisor lives on each floor.
Fun activities and educational events are scheduled throughout the semester for residents of Marguerite Hall.
Each living area features:
- Study lounge
- TV lounge
- Access to vending machines
- Coin-less laundry facilities
- 24-hour computer lab located on the first floor
Dimensions & Details
Each 15 ft. x 11.5 ft room is furnished with:
- Standard twin bed
- Desk chair
- Wall desk light
Windows measure 59 in. wide by 66 in. long with blinds permanently installed. Any further window decorations may be installed only with tension rods, no other form of attachment is allowed.
Students Supply These Items:
Students supply their own linens and personal items including, but not limited to, TV, floor lamps (no halogen lamps or multi-arm lamps permitted), carpet, mirror (to be hung on back of door only), and decorations to individualize each space.
Students who live in the residence halls can access their Spectrum U accounts from their desktop, smart devices, mobile devices, and kindle.
Spectrum U services are only available to D'Youville students that live in the residence halls/apartments.
Questions? Email email@example.com
HOW TO SIGN IN
- While connected to an authorized network (D'Youville Campus Wireless, ResNet Wireless, D'Youville Wired Network), browse to: Sign In | Spectrum TV.
- Select the "Sign in to Spectrum U" button.
- Enter the domain for "Dyouville" dyc.edu without the @, click "Submit".
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft Single Sign On page. Enter your FULL D'Youville email account and password here.
- Select "Continue" when you are redirected.
- You will be redirected to live TV. Select "Sign Out" or close your browser to leave the platform.
- Kindle Fire Phone, all Kindle Fire models except for the 1st general model
- All major Android smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 or above
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 11 or above
- Apple TV
- Chromecast and Android casting devices
- Web browsers (for desktop, laptops and smart TVs with browsers):
- PC: IE 11, Chrome 43 or newer, Firefox 45 or newer, MS Edge 12 or newer
- Mac: Safari 7 or newer, Firefox 45 or newer, Chrome 43 or newer
Spectrum U is available for mobile and handheld devices via the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon App Store.
Resident Advisors (RA) are student leaders who live with their fellow students in the residence halls. RA’s are responsible for the management and assistance of residents on their floor.
RAs serve as the initial contact person for the students on issues such as: roommate conflicts, maintenance concerns, general questions about the campus, and issues that may arise within a Residence Hall community. They implement social and educational programs within the halls, build a community, and assist with enforcing the College’s Code of Conduct.
RAs are a great resource, as they were starting their journey at D’Youville – just like you are — not too long ago!
Office of Student Engagement & Housing