The Summer Scholars Program is your key to success in higher education.
The program is a four-week residential summer academic support program for students enrolled in The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP).
The program offers the opportunity to learn what you need to know in order to be successful in class. As a warm-up to your higher education career, you can learn about university courses and related activities in a non-competitive environment. Supportive D'Youville instructors and counselors will guide you through the process of applying specific study techniques to the courses you will be required to take for credit beginning with the fall semester.
- To strengthen basic skills needed for academic success.
- To introduce students to the academic challenges of higher education.
- To teach students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To orient students to the D’Youville community.
- To familiarize students with campus resources.
Participants will become familiar with campus resources such as:
- D'Youville website
- computer labs
- tutoring and study groups
- financial aid counseling
- academic and personal counseling
- career development services
- local cultural resources