Graduate ahead of your peers with an advanced degree by entering as an undergraduate in Biology and earning your MS in Anatomy in only five years.
You'll gain valuable practical experience in our human gross anatomy lab all while working closely with faculty both in the classroom and in research settings.
When you graduate from D’Youville’s Anatomy program, you’ll be well-prepared for a variety of career paths including pursuing a professional healthcare or science degree (MD, DO, PA, DC, PhD, etc.), academic research and instruction, or scientific and managerial positions in health-related industries.
Why Choose D'Youville?
- Our Anatomy program is ideal for anyone who wishes to apply to medical, dental, chiropractic, or other professional healthcare degree programs.
- During the master's portion of your program, students may be eligible for teaching assistantships in our undergraduate anatomy & physiology labs.
- D'Youville is one of the very few institutions to offer gross anatomy courses for undergraduate students.
What you'll learn:
- You'll benefit from hands-on experience in anatomy through dissection of human cadavers in our gross anatomy laboratory
- Enter as an undergraduate in D'Youville's combined BA or BS Biology + MS Anatomy, and you'll benefit from intensive, hands-on study with a solid grounding in contemporary research techniques
- Research skills that will translate to the professional world
Students enrolled in the graduate component of the combined BS/MS Anatomy program may be awarded a Teaching Assistantship position. While this position does not provide full tuition remission, it does provide a stipend that can help with expenses while also giving you the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience under the supervision of a faculty member.
Unlike many institutions that require TAs to function as the primary instructor for the courses they teach, our TAs partner with experienced faculty members to assist with course duties, and provide open laboratory hours for studying/tutoring. This partnership with faculty provides our TAs with some teaching experience while allowing them time to pursue their degrees.
The MS Anatomy program offers a variety of scholarships and financial aid to qualified students including:
- Teaching assistantships are awarded to qualified students entering the MS Anatomy program.
- Automatic 25-50% scholarships for qualified students entering the BS/MS program that continues throughout your 5 years of study.
- A wide range of other financial aid options are available for qualified students.
Explore Biology and Anatomy Courses
Work in teams to completely dissect a human cadaver in our gross anatomy lab, perform in-depth dissections to gain a unique hands-on experience that can’t be recreated digitally, and accompany your instructor as they study and view structures not typically seen in dissection.
Dissect a human cadaver on your own and present your dissection to the class as if you were teaching a course on gross anatomy. At the end of the course, you’ll select a specific region to dissect and present to the class.
Work one on one with your instructor to develop a scientific manuscript that reviews the anatomy, development, histology, and dissection protocol of a specific region of the human body. Become an expert on a topic of your choosing and for your eventual career.
Prerequisites and Admission Requirements
Students entering as first time in college students into the joint BS/MS program must meet D'Youville entrance criteria.
At D'Youville, we are committed to selecting students who are academically well-rounded and committed to meeting the challenges of a high-quality education. If you have been successful in a traditional college preparatory program in high school, you should be well-prepared for the academic challenges at D'Youville.
First Time in College Freshman Requirements
- Submitted application for admission
- Applications are free of charge and can be found on our Apply: First Time in College webpage.
- Official high school transcripts
- An overall weighted GPA of 80% (BA) or 85% (BS) with successful completion of high school graduation requirements and three years of math, history, english, and science.
Transfer Admission Required Review Criteria
- Submitted application for admission
- Applications are free of charge and can be found on our apply webpage.
- Official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges/universities
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 (BA) or 2.5 (BS)
Students looking to acquire a Biology BS but not meeting requirements can be admitted to BA and then promoted later based on performance within the courses.
The D'Youville combined BA/BS Biology + MS Anatomy program is designed to prepare students for further professional study in healthcare, academic teaching, and research, or to help those with a professional healthcare degree to acquire a specialization in Anatomy. Our highly-supportive, cutting-edge program is ideal for:
- Those seeking additional education in order to apply (or re-apply) to a professional degree program in a variety of healthcare fields including:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Dental (DDS, DMD, DD, etc.)
- Physicians Assistant (PA)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC)
- Holders of professional degrees who are looking to acquire an additional credential as a specialty.
- Graduates of professional healthcare degree programs that do not offer cadaver dissection as part of their curriculum (e.g. Caribbean, Italian, or Polish medical schools) who wish to enhance their CVs when pursuing employment in the United States or to earn surgical fellowships.*
- Current instructors or professors currently holding a PhD in the biological sciences who wish to pursue an academic career in Anatomy.
- Chiropractors who wish to teach Anatomy at Chiropractic colleges.