READ THE FULL VISION STATEMENT
D'Youville will be known for its exciting teaching and learning atmosphere. The college will be providing students with expansive, flexible, and responsive programs, enhanced through collaboration with other institutions of higher learning. D'Youville will be preparing students — both traditional and nontraditional — for a fast-changing, technological, multicultural world.
The life of St. Marguerite d'Youville will be guiding the scope of offerings: health, human services, education, and management will be tied together with a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences.
A leader in education ...
- D'Youville will provide innovative, responsive, and excellent academic programming.
- D'Youville will have tools necessary to enhance the learning process.
- D'Youville will connect to the collective knowledge of the world and provide access to students no matter where they are located.
- D'Youville will provide quality undergraduate programs aimed at preparing students for interesting careers and/or graduate and professional studies.
- D'Youville will expand graduate education in master's and applied doctoral programs.
A community of scholars ...
- Where teaching and learning are treasured.
- Where contemporary thought is applied in the classroom.
- Where there is continuous enhancement of teaching skills.
- Where there is a connection between what faculty study and what students learn.
A dynamic force within the community ...
- Where programs and services add to the community's quality-of-life.
- Where our graduates serve the community's needs and provide competencies sought by employers.
- Where the alumni have the broader perspectives brought about by exposure to the liberal arts and sciences and are prepared for the types of career changes that will be common in the future.
Never refuses to serve ...
- Where we see significant portals of entry to D'Youville's programs- multicampus offerings and Internet among them.
- Where we provide financial capacity to serve the deserving students who are otherwise unable to pursue higher education.
- Where we respond to new needs within society with compassion and resourcefulness.