D'Youville offers one advanced certificate program for physical therapists who wish to increase their knowledge and skills in a particular area.
Registered with the New York State Education Department, D'Youville's advanced orthopedic specialist program offers physical therapists advanced theoretical knowledge, problem-solving, and hands on skills in the specialty area of neuromusculoskeletal examination, evaluation, and interventions.
Applicants to this certificate program must present the following:
- Official transcripts indicating an entry-level degree in physical therapy and,
- A current active license to practice physical therapy in the U.S. or its equivalent.
Students who are currently enrolled in the doctor of physical therapy program may also apply for admission to this certificate program if they:
- Obtain a recommendation letter from a faculty member who is an orthopedic specialist, and
- Are in good standing within the DPT program, and
- Have a minimum 3.25 GPA for all courses within the DPT orthopedic curriculum (PT 512, PT 513, PT 613, lecture and labs)
Find detailed course information for the Advanced Orthopedic Physical Therapy Certificate (Post-Master's) Program, tools to plan your education, and complete academic policies and procedures in the D'Youville academic catalog.
|Business Management Strategies for Physical Therapists
|Advanced Orthopedic Spine
|Advanced Orthopedics Extremities
Advanced Practice (Must complete 4 credits from the list below)
* Other Advanced Practice electives require prior approval from the certificate director.
|Manual Therapy in Sports Rehabilitation
|Comprehensive Soft Tissue Manipulation
|Functional Approach to Exercise
|Intro to Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
|Introduction to Qigong: Theory, Evidence And Practice
Total required for Certificate in Advanced Orthopedic Physical Therapy: 15