Build on your previous learning experiences, expand your opportunities, and discover a pathway to a rewarding career with our Bachelor of Professional Studies in Healthcare Studies program.
The Healthcare Studies BPS program at D'Youville was designed for students who have previous coursework or an associate degree and are ready to earn a degree that will open new career opportunities and develop connections to in-demand healthcare careers.
This program is ideal for the following students:
- Entry-level professionals with an Associate in Applied Science in a technical healthcare profession who are looking to obtain a bachelor's to expand their career options.
- Students with an Associate in Applied Science in a technical healthcare profession who are interested in pursuing an advanced degree in a program at D'Youville and want to benefit from early-assurance opportunities.
- Students who have completed a minimum of 65 college credits and are ready to complete their degree at an institution dedicated to their success.
Why Choose D'Youville?
A Leader in Healthcare Education
At D'Youville, we've been a leader in healthcare education for over 100 years. Our graduates take on leadership roles and earn rewarding careers across the field of healthcare. As a student, you'll work closely with students across our healthcare programs in learning experiences designed to prepare you for how you'll work after graduation.
Designed for Your Goals
Whether you have an associate's degree, have a few credits and are interested in obtaining your bachelor's, or have already decided your career path and only need a few more credits to complete your degree, the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Healthcare Studies is designed for your success. Your advisor will work closely with your to tailor your learning to your desired outcome.
Support at Every Stage
From small class sizes to engaged faculty who know your name and are always willing to help, our programs are designed and delivered in a way we know will lead to your success. In the Healthcare Studies program, you'll be connected to a community of support in and out of the classroom.
What you'll gain:
- Interprofessional skills to take on an ever-growing number of roles as connector, manager, and facilitator in a variety of healthcare and medical settings
- Skills that will help you take on leadership roles in your career
- A real-world learning experience that prepares you for the workplace
As the demand for healthcare services continues to rise, so does the demand for trained healthcare professions, both in roles directly related to patient care and a wide variety of roles around healthcare communication, administration, and the business of healthcare.
According the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
"Employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 15 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.4 million new jobs. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups."
Students who do not intend to pursue graduate study will be uniquely prepared obtain rewarding roles as healthcare workers, a growing job sector that focuses on the intersection of healthcare providers, administrators, patients, and community.
Graduates who are interested in continuing their education will be able to explore advanced options in one of D'Youville's own advanced healthcare programs:
Explore Courses In Healthcare Studies
Gain an introduction to professions within the U.S. healthcare system, including the historical, systemic, political, and structural influences the culture of these professions. Discuss the norms, values, traditions, and popular perceptions of the roles of various healthcare professions and learn to navigate the cultural differences of health professions.
Learn to prevent and treat diseases and to promote and protect health through strategies that engage communities. Examine the history and core of public health including assessment, assurance, and policy development. Explore health promotion and disease prevention of communicable and noncommunicable diseases.
Learn about the social determinants of health, as well as the public health versus clinical approaches to managing the health of communities. Explore the community health assessment process with an emphasis on the need and utility of a data-driven approach to decision making.
At D'Youville, we are committed to selecting students who are academically well-rounded and committed to meeting the challenges of a high-quality education. If you have been successful in a traditional college preparatory program in high school, you should be well-prepared for the academic challenges at D'Youville.
Admission Required Review Criteria (Transfer)
Submitted application for admission
- Applications are free of charge and can be found on our apply webpage.
- Official transcripts from ALL previously attended college or universities
- Earned an Associate in Applied Science in a technical healthcare profession or 65 accumulated college credits from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
Healthcare Programs at D'Youville
At D'Youville, our students connect their passion to their education and their career goals through hands-on learning experiences, dynamic collaboration across programs, and a focus on leadership and service to our communities.